Thursday, January 8, 2009

01/07/09

SCHOONER CREEK FISH TRAP:

Good afternoon everyone,

I just returned from Schooner Creek. Three fish in the trap. All three were wild male Coho. Two of the fish were in good shape but it is doubtful the third will survive. The water is on the rise and it looks like it will be for the next day or two. I worked on the trap for a little while and we currently have over 24" of depth in the trap with pretty clean silt free flow at this point. I will go back to the trap on Thursday to check again (I am out of town on Friday) and again on Saturday. Schooner Creek Road is clear all the way to the gate and from the gate to the trap. I have been walking in for the past couple of years so I try to remove any limbs or rocks from the road on the way up. See you in the morning for breakfast.

Mike

No comments: