Sunday, January 4, 2009

01/04/08

SCHOONER CREEK TRAP:
Good afternoon,

I just returned from Schooner creek a few minutes ago. The slide I mentioned in my last report which was just below the road to the trap has been cleared. There are no impediments to travel either up Schooner Creek Road or on the road to the trap.

No fish in the trap either yesterday or today. I removed another foot or so of silt and gravel but still unable to raise the upper gate. The flow is good today but as the stream continues to drop it will require more silt removal. Most of the sand bags are gone but I was able to snag a couple from the middle of the creek and place them by the entrance to the trap to divert more water into the trap. This will work for today but by tomorrow they may have outlived their usefulness. Hope you have a good trip tomorrow.

Thanks for the thoughts about sending someone with me Wayne. Because I live so close to the creek it is always easy for me to jump in the truck and go check the trap. However, the next time we have extremely high water or a major wind storm I may call and see if someone would be available to go with me. Thanks again.

Mike

No comments: