Sunday, January 4, 2009

01/02/08

SCHOONER CREEK FISH TRAP:

This in from Mike Samples...................Note to Mike: Be sure to let us know if the trap needs attention. We could round up some help if you need it.


Good morning,

I apologize for not providing a report for a few days but my internet has been down and I am just now getting service again. I was unable to access the trap on Wednesday this week due to some other priorities that came up.

Schooner Creek road is passable with three small slides in the road. Only one of the slides makes passing a little dicey. However, I was able to get up to the trap road with very little problems. By Monday the slides should be cleaned up and the road clear.The road up to the trap is very good. I cleared out some limbs and at this point there is nothing to hinder access.

When I arrived at the trap I found it completely silted in with only about 1" of water in the trap. There were no fish. The water was above my head in the upper chamber (a little creepy). I was able to break quite a bit of the debris loose and dropped the water about 2 feet. When I left there was good flow through the trap and down the ladder. I am going back up this morning and on Sunday morning to do more work on it. I expect to see some fish today. I will send an email on Sunday just to give everyone an update and let the Monday team know what to expect.

Mike

No comments: