Sunday, March 16, 2008

03/14/08

SCHOONER FISH TRAP:

Good morning,

We can add at least one more wild fish to our total this year. This morning we had one wild male Steelhead in the trap. He was in good shape and in his spawning colors. The creek is up but is holding it's color well. The trap had quite a bit of debris which was cleaned and the trap is running well. Hopefully Monday will also provide fish. I repaired the upper gate winch again. I am not sure how long it will
last but be careful as it can slip and release the gate. I am including James in the email because I believe it is time to replace the upper gate. I am going down to Newport Marine later today and see if they might have a winch possibly a used one that I can get at a reasonable price. If I do I will let everyone know. Additionally, I saw a nice herd of elk down in the bottom land on my way in and again
on my way out. Great day.

Mike

No comments: