Sunday, March 9, 2008

03/07/08

SCHOONER CREEK FISH TRAP:

Guess what? No fish in the trap on Friday. The trap was in good shape but quite a bit of beaver activity upstream. We cleaned out quite a few chewed branches from the trap and just above at the grate. Also, there were four (4) 6" by 6" terra cotta tiles in the stream just above the bridge. These were new clean tiles that look as though they had been placed in the stream. I don't know of any reason why they would be there so I removed them and placed them on the wood adjacent to the shed. If anyone knows more about this I would love to know. Additionally, I am not aware of any structure higher in the stream that would break up or lose these types of tiles. Once again, down stream I saw a lone Steelhead finning in the water.

Mike

No comments: