Thursday, March 13, 2008

03/12/08

SILETZ FISH TRAP:

The new guy, Kevin Bastien was not available today so I had a very pleasant day with Casey. The Palmer Creek trap has been closed so Casey and I opened it today after cleaning out an accumulation of debris from the local beaver tribe. We ten proceeded to the Siletz Trap where we netted 6 female and 5 male steelhead. All were saved and are to be transported on Friday for brooder stock. That includes the hatchery fish. We then headed to Bohannon but it was clean with no fish.

Casey informed me today that they are required to install seatbelts into the cable tram over the Siletz. I don't know who is going to enforce their use but they are to be installed. I bumped my head on the cable getting out of the tram and suggested to Casey that helmets also be required. Anything for safety. I don't think that tram will float very well and would therefore choose to bail out once we hit the water and wouldn't care to worry about unbuckling a seatbelt. Just my 2 cents worth.

Take care, Frank

No comments: