Tuesday, January 12, 2010

01/08/2010

SCHOONER CREEK FISH TRAP:
Team Chinook went to the trap on Friday, iit was just a very nasty day. We left at 1:00 PM after Bud got back from Meals on Wheels.

The wind blew and the rain flew but we got to our goal. There wasn't even a little tweety bird to be seen. The creek was up running

high and fast and clear. There was quite a bit of beaver debris in the trap, and it was partially blocked there was still good flow though.

We opened the trap and I dove down in to feel fish thumping at my waders. We placed Bud up stream in a better release point and

I began to hand fish to Larry he transported them up to Bud for release and every thing went smooth. After emptying the trap we

raised the upper gate to clear it then closed it I found that I now had company in the trap with me. I felt another fish and went after it

I noticed a sore back wedged up against the lower gate. I went after the other fish and she was a very tired little hen steelhead.

Then I went after to old sore back Coho and it was a HO HO on me it turned out to be just and old beat up piece of wood. We

re-released the last hen. Then we cleaned the rest of the trap and closed it up ready for more fish. We had a good day with a total

tally of:

2- bright male native steelhead

2- bright female native hen steelhead

1- bright re-released (very tired ) hen steelhead

For team Chinook - Bud, Larry, and Bill

Good fishing!

No comments: