Friday, April 18, 2008

04/18/08

SILETZ FISH TRAP:
Made the trap trip with Kevin Bastian. The Palmer trap had no fish in it. We cleaned debris from the trap face that came from the beaver dam area upstream. The ponds are full and ready for the smolt planting of Tuesday 4/22.

The Siletz trap had 5 fish. 4 steelhead and 1 cutthroat trout. The steelhead consisted of 1 hatchery female, 1 hatchery male, 1 wild female and 1 wild male. The trap was clean except for a silty bottom.

The cable anchors for the tram box have been repaired. The cables need to be adjusted but I think the equipment is close to going back in service. The repairman used a 24 foot extension ladder leaning against the cliff to work from. I think I would have passed on that assignment and an OSHA guy would have fainted.

The Bohanan trap had 1 wild male. We saw 8 elk at the 9 mile mark on the 1000 line road, three vultures roosting in a tree and a pair of osprey on a nest. We were back in town by 1145.
Wayde

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.