Wednesday, December 19, 2007

12/17/2007

SCHOONER CREEK FISH TRAP

To Wayne:
Barb & I checked the Schooner trap this morning. It was clean and clear. No fish visible in trap. Did not have trap key as I thought it was under the table in the hut. Someone left the keys on my door this afternoon. Who needs them next? Mike S. must have had some fish last Friday?? Does that explain the fish slime on the table?
Wayde

----- Original Message -----
From: "Big Fish" <lvhfishclub@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 7:48 AM
Subject: Fw: Schooner Creek

I just got this in from Mike Samples. I think Frank is up on Monday. Let me know if you are short handed and I will make the trip with you. There is a High Wind Warning issued for Monday afternoon into Tuesday morning, so be sure to check the forecast. Don't take any chances. Frank, if you and Brian were up there with Mike on Friday, he mentioned fish slime on
the table. How about a trap report?
Wayne

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Samples" <msamples57@gmail.com>
To: "Big Fish" <lvhfishclub@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:23 PM
Subject: Schooner Creek

Hi Wayne,
On Friday afternoon, Brian, Frank and I had what I believe was a pretty successful field trip at the Schooner Creek trap with students from Lincoln City technical school. When we left for the afternoon I kept the table (normally located inside the shed) outside the shed so the
rain could wash off some of the fish slime. I planned to return today to put everything back together for the upcoming week but as luck would have it, I have contracted some kind of intestinal virus and have not been able to leave the house since Friday evening. I kept the key for the lock on the trap cover. I believe LVH teams have your own set. If so, please bring them on Monday in case I am unable to get back up to the trap between now and Monday morning. I still plan to try but didn't want an unpleasant surprise when the team arrives. If you can
get the word out to Monday's team I would appreciate it.
Thank you very much,
Mike

No comments: