Thursday, November 29, 2007

11/24/07

Schooner Creek Fish Trap


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We were blessed with another one of the days that reminds me of how happy I am to live at the coast and one of the reasons I moved here.

Unfortunately I was unable to enjoy the same success at the trap as was the case on Wednesday. No fish in the trap today. It was cold and everything was frozen. The upper gate of the trap was choked with leaves and the trap itself only had about 8" of water. It was pretty easy to clear and the silt was minimal. The winch on the upriver gate (not the new winch on the lower gate) came apart in my hand today but I was able to put it back together. You might tell the team for Monday to be careful when they lift the upriver gate as I really don't trust it. I will cc James on this email so he is aware of the condition as well. Have a great weekend.

Mike

No comments: